Buffalo Scholastic Rowing Association (BSRA) sent several rowers to compete in the New York State High School Championships in Saratoga Springs May 12 and 13. The event was hosted by the Saratoga Rowing Association. BSRA was represented by the BSRA U19 Jr. Women’s Team, Canisius High School and Buffalo Seminary.
Following are the results for each team:
Canisius High School
• Men’s Senior Lightweight Coxed Four — 1st Overall: Ryan Walter, William Herzog, Charles Korn, Nathaniel Sass and George Weckerle (coxswain)
• Men’s Junior Quad — 2nd Scholastically: Aiden Hart-Nova (stroke), Barry Colby, Myles Wilson and Alex Whitbeck
• Men’s Junior Lightweight Quad — 3rd Scholastically: James Oh, Zachary Porter, Jeffery Mueller and Zachary Mecca
• Men’s Junior Coxed 4 — 1st Overall: Connor Long, Thomas Feeney, Connor Sullivan, William Ezquerro (bow) and Samuel Sullivan (coxswain)
• Men’s Senior Lightweight 8 — 3rd Overall: Zachary Porter (stroke), Alec Adams, James Oh, Max Battaglia, Kyle Flynn, Kevin Quinn, Alessio Fatta, Brian Finnerty (bow) and Owen Wittman (coxswain)
• Men’s Freshmen 8 — 2nd Scholastically: Nathaniel Siwiec, Dylan Sass, Benjamin Wilkins, Jonah Cross, Joseph Dietrich, Andrew Skakal, Alec Monohan, Matthew Talty and Collin Lyndaker
• Women’s Junior Coxed 4 — 3rd Scholastically: Rae Griffin, Emma Hammel, Anya Casey, Jess Napier and Isabel Finkbeiner (coxswain)
BSRA U19 Jr. Women’s Team
• Women’s Junior Coxed 4 — 1st Club (3rd Overall): Sabrina Lonas, Grace Graney, Chloe Freedenberg, Olivia Nasternak and Kathryn Bergmann (coxswain)
• Women’s Novice Coxed 4 — 1st Club (1st Overall): Destiny Severn, Judy Anne Spira, Christina Spira, Morgan Meader and Kerry Sullivan (coxswain)
• Women’s Junior Double — 1st Scholastically: Grace Graney (stroke), Sabrina Lonas (bow)
• Women’s Junior Lightweight 2X — 2nd Club: Erin Jackson (stroke), Olivia Nasternak (bow)
Founded in 2010 and located at 405 Ohio St. in Buffalo, the nonprofit BSRA provides community access to rowing on the Buffalo River. The organization currently offers high school, adult (masters), Learn to Row and We Can Row programs.